Nigel joined TDB in 2006 and has more than 25 years’ experience in finance, covering corporate finance, treasury risk management and banking.
Typical assignments include:
- P&L management via revenue and treasury risk management policy development and execution and profit optimisation modeling.
- Balance sheet management via capital structure analysis and advice, debt arrangement and structuring, balance sheet efficiency analysis, and balance sheet reporting.
- Asset (including water), equity and class valuations for sales and purchases.
- Investment appraisals.
- Strategic reviews.
- Due diligence.
His sector experience covers agribusiness, banking, government (local and central), infrastructure, iwi and Māori enterprises, manufacturing and private equity.
Some of the entities that Nigel has completed assignments for include Community Housing Aorearoa, EBOS Limited, Enable Networks Limited, Kiwirail Limited, Lincoln Hub Establishment Board, Meridian Energy Limited, Ministry for Business, Innovation, and Employment, NZ Post Limited, Steel and Tube Limited, Te Rūnanga a Rāngitane O Wairau, Te Tumu Paeroa and a range of successful private SMEs.
Nigel’s governance experience includes:
- Rural Equities Limited.
- A large private dairy farming enterprise.
- A number of dairy farming advisory boards.
- Open Country Dairy Limited.
- The Grate Kiwi Cheese Company.
- Cheese Logistics.
Prior to joining TDB Advisory, Nigel was ANZ National Bank Limited’s Regional Executive in the South Island and prior to that was Corporate Finance Manager at the New Zealand Dairy Board. He spent the early part of his career in banking in analyst and corporate / property lending roles.
He is also a past lecturer in International Corporate Finance at Victoria University of Wellington in the Master of Applied Finance program.
Nigel has a Bachelor of Management Studies (Econ), a Diploma in Business and Administration (Fin) and a Master of Business Studies (Fin). He is a member of the Institute of Finance Professionals of New Zealand and the Institute of Directors.