Farhan joined TDB as an analyst in early 2023 following the completion of a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Actuarial Science and Finance at Victoria University of Wellington. Born and raised in Malaysia, he was awarded the JPA MARA Special Programme Scholarship by the Malaysian Government to pursue his studies in Wellington.
A large amount of Farhan’s work at TDB is confidential, though his recent reports include:
- Economic modeling and analysis for Smoked Tobacco Amendment Act Review
- Financial modeling in the transport sector
- Financial modeling wholesale electricity prices
- Valuation of a startup company
- Financial analysis of SOEs using IMF’s SOE Health Check and Stress Test tool